PayPal Donation
WoWProgress Rank

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Midnight Carnival Forum Index -> Guides & How To (FAQ)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
GMAmalthia
In-Game Guild Master

re: Basic Computer Maintenance

You can use this same program to Defrag your system, update your drivers, protect from mal-ware, eliminate toolbars/unwanted programs, protect your internet browsing, on and on, but I'll go ahead and leave it here until someone ASKS me how to do one of those things. 

So if you would like help doing one/anything with this program let me know and I will walk you through it in this thread. 

re: For Gaming: Turbo Boost

For Gaming: Turbo Boost

If you're all done with your scan, hit finish. Remember this screen?

Ok, at the top, click where it says "speed up" and you should come to a screen like this. Right now we're only dealing with Turbo Boost. 

You can just go ahead and hit the "turn on" button if you are not at all tech savvy and be done with it. What it will do is close all unnecessary background services on your computer, freeing up your ram to play games. 

If you ARE a little tech savvy, click on "configure" first, and make sure it's set to "game mode" then click the buttons for "System Services, Non-Windows Services, etc." one at a time and check/uncheck all the boxes to program you do/do not want to run while you play. Finish by hitting the "Boost" button. 

That's it. 

re: Basic Computer Maintenance

Why install?

If you find that you are having problems with your computer running very slow, things freezing, lots of lag, your computer might be choking on old or unnecessary files running in the background and it needs a cleaning. 

It should be stated for the record that Midnight Carnival in no way shape or form endorses or gets paid by any company to share their products with you, this is simply the one we (I - Ama is a Royal we... a royal something) uses at the moment. When that changes, this thread will change too. 

Basic Installation

Go to: https://www.majorgeeks.com/files/details/advanced_systemcare.html

There are many different download mirror sites on the web to download Iobit software, but Majorgeeks.com makes it their mission to never bundle downloads with spyware, malware, or junkware of any kind. You can probably find anything you need to clean/fix your computer on their site, but I'm not walking you through that, nor am I responsible for anything you do on your own. 

On the page, Click where it says Download Location: Download@Majorgeeks

This should take you to another page, and the file should Automatically Download/Request to Download (depending on your settings). If it does NOT click the Click here if it does not. button you see in the center of the page, to begin download. 

Click on the file (currently asc11trial-870.exe) and READ THE INSTALLATIONS INSTRUCTIONS VERY CAREFULLY WHILE YOU INSTALL IT. 

SERIOUSLY READ THE INSTRUCTIONS TOP TO BOTTOM

Because at some point in the installation, it is going to ask you if you want to install another program like BING or something, and NO. No you don't want that. If you're reading and paying attention, you can uncheck those check boxes (which means yes you want that) and tell it no. Then finish installation. 

Running the Program

You did it! Congratulations. If you did it correction, you should now see a box that looks very much like this one in the middle of your page:

Now, some differences:

1. Your little emoticon face will be red, because you've never run it before. This is just a visual cue meaning you need to run the program. It doesn't mean doom and gloom, so relax. 

2. My version is pro. See, it says pro. Yours will say free. IF you were to PAY for this program, it will offer you more features and it's one of the FEW programs in the entire world that works just as well free as it does pro. But pro is awesome and if you can find a deal on it (they have their OWN deals all the time, especially around Christmas, it's worth it)

3. Free means less check boxes. That's why you have less. 

So what the hell do I do, Ama? Ok, this is super complicated but try and keep up. You:

Check all the boxes, and then click the giant button that says scan in the middle. 

Gosh you guys, I'm super sorry, that was a lot of work. Make sure all your windows/programs/etc are closed before you start. While it's running, look for this little check box and pick one. You MIGHT want to pick just plain old Automatically Fix, but some crazy kids pick Auto Fix and Restart to apply and kind of registry changes. The first time you run it, I'd choose Auto Fix and restart. 

And.. go make a sandwich. I needs a minute to run. And that's it. you just cleaned a whole lot of unnecessary crap out of your computer.

Wanna see some other neat shit this program can do? Stay tuned. 

Jump to: