PayPal Donation
WoWProgress Rank

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Midnight Carnival Forum Index -> Officer Information
View previous topic :: View next topic  
GMAmalthia
In-Game Guild Master

re: Mythic+ Coordinator: Application/Expectations

Looking for a Patient, non-douchey and slightly masochistic individual to run the Guild-centric Mythic+ groups. You will organize and run a Progression team - whom you are responsible for organizing and must be guild members - on an agreed upon night (that cannot coincide with guild Raid Nights) and casual team(s) which can be any night as long as members are not on the raid team. 

You should be available to Lead the progression group every agreed upon M+ Night with an assigned back up from your team if you can't make it, but you should be there 99% of the time. You must also give your back up notice, not just not show up and expect them to handle it. Casual M+ groups can be assigned a group and given a night to show up. You are responsible for filling vacancies, making sure the group shows up, and having set backups when people need to call out. 

You must follow all guild and raid rules, enforce said rules on group nights, have a firm grasp on instance and M+ optimization strategies, and know how to boss people around without making said people want to throw a chair at your face. 

There will be training on expectations! It you are interested Please thoroughly read:

This - Being a Raid Leader in Midnight Carnival (what I expect of you)

This - Raid Night: Expectations (what you should expect from your group)

This - Being an effective team :) (Signs and symptoms you're doing it wrong)

and this - Guild & Forum Rules (yes all of them)

This position is considered an officer position. (But power is limited to issues revolving around Mythic+). 

Basic Job Description:

Your job will be to create at least two M+ Teams. One for those wishing to push M+ levels and one for casual people looking for a group do do their weekly and get some gear.

1. M+ Progression: You will decide on base qualifications (these should be slightly below reasonable as a place to get started) and fill a group of 4 other guild members (you should be on this team) and at least 1 back up player, who all have the similar goal of seeing how high they can get, for fun, and breaking their own previous record. The team must then agree on a night that does not interfere with the guild raid group. You are responsible for group dispute resolution, maintaining guild calendar events For this group, and group Vitality. (Please add the officers to the event as administrators, in case you need to call out)

You may have an application if you wish, but this application has to be approved by the guild leader, before being utilized. It should clearly state expectations, requirements, and goals. You will be in charge of hiring and firing but should do so according to guild raid lead rules.

2. Casual M+: This group is highly casual and you do not need to participate in it unless you would like to. I affectionately refer to it as "herding sheep" because in my experience 5+ people will sit around in guild chat asking "are we doing anything?" yet nobody will start the group. That's where you come in. It's your job to keep track of all people interested in running M+'s for their weekly (both to to earn a key, maybe a couple extra for fun) determine what night would be best for everyone and that they have a viable group every week. If someone is unreliable, remove and replace them. If there are extra people, you should find a way to get them run until a full second group can be formed. You are responsible for group dispute resolution, maintaining guild calendar events For this group, and group Vitality. (Please add the officers to the event as administrators, in case you need to call out). 

Applicants please leave a reply below by copy and pasting the application and answering the questions. Note: Answers should reflect that you have read and understand the mandatory reading, with your own words and  ideas integrated there in. 

Application:

How you plan to be an effective group leader:

What experience do you have with M+ and what was your highest completed in time instance/level:

How do you plan to integrate the guild's Mission Statement into your managerial style:

How do you plan to compensate for call outs:

What characteristics and skill level are you looking for as base requirements for your team(s):

How you intend to maintain order:

How you plan to handle conflict resolution:

What, in your mind, are removable offenses from a team, and how do you intend to offer warnings before doing so:

Why you think you'd be the best choice:

re: M+ Coordinator App

How you plan to be an effective group leader: After reading the guidelines set forth in your articles posted in the forums, you’ve already clear expectations on this process. Being an effective group leader would mean being fair in application of the rules, standards, and expectations set forth for all. That’s the managerial part – the leader part would be the willing to put in the work with the group. Forming a group would be easy, set some parameters and once they’re met, boom an invite. Building a team however will require some time and some growing pains. Some people will blow dps out of the water, heal a group when they pull the whole instance, or solo tank the last 20 percent of a boss, and that’s great. There will also be people that don’t quite pull their weight at first, or need the encouragement and experience to get to that level. Helping everyone at all skill levels is a must, and leading each person/group with their level of skill and ability in mind is critical. To get the groups singing in harmony, would be the best goal a Mythic+ Coordinator could hope for. Ultimately, it’d be sweet to have 4 or 5 groups humming +15s every week rocking gear for the raid team , and if they don’t raid – no problem! Having the best prepared guild would be pretty sweet too.

What experience do you have with M+ and what was your highest completed in time instance/level:

Maw of Souls     Tank      M+17 20m 6s  was my highest as could be verified by wowprogress. I’ve various experience from the launch of mythics through the end of the last expansion. The drive to get Keystone Conqueror was a fun one and building the team to complete that task was a fun yet challenging experience. In the last expansion I was able to gear almost 35 ilvls in a matter of 2 weeks to be able to raid with the team upon getting an invite. Mythics are a great way to bolster gear, skill, and raid awareness.

How do you plan to integrate the guild's Mission Statement into your managerial style: I think I touched on this a bit in my first question, establishing the respect for all levels of skill is paramount in any leadership role. This will ultimately lead to a ‘family’ of sorts when it comes to Mythics, and hopefully the guild as a whole!

How do you plan to compensate for call outs:

The only way to compensate for callouts is to have a solid roster. If we have multiple groups running, as would be ideal, then filling up the progression group should be a breeze. That being said, we’d need backups in all roles, so objectively we’d aim to have more than two teams to pool from. The absolute worst case scenario if we needed 1 slot filled and nobody in guild was willing to fill it, for the sake of progression and gear, a pug would be considered.

What characteristics and skill level are you looking for as base requirements for your team(s): Characteristics: people who are open to a challenge and looking to progress their gear, skill, and teamwork. These people should be open to constructive criticism as well as being able to help out others if they’re able, be willing to put in the ‘attempts’ to get that next key level or achievement, and be ultimately willing to put in the amount of effort as the rewards they seek from being apart of a Mythic+ team.

Base Requirements: iLvl 320, able to make dungeon run times, a positive attitude, a working microphone and the ability to communicate with your team (not super required but looked at really positively)

How you intend to maintain order: I say maintaining order would be the easy part. Much like managing in real life, applying rules and expectations fairly to all is the best way to have ‘order’. On the other hand there will be anomalies. Some people get upset, may not be keen to being passed up if they can’t keep up with the progression team, and some people can’t handle the pressure it’d take to really push the bar. With raiding, you go until you kill the boss. Mythics are a whole other beast. It’s you and 4 others against a timer against buffed adds/bosses with additional mechanics. I like to call it PVP for the PVE’ers. Some have it and some won’t, but overall being fair and constant with applications of rules and expectations will keep order in the ranks.

How you plan to handle conflict resolution: Definitely on a case by case basis. Some things are pretty basic and can be solved by simple mitigation, others may need a talking to outside of a group setting, documenting events when they happen, and then acting accordingly if a situation merits action by the group leaders. Ideally the Mythic+ coordinator would be exactly that, maintaining a schedule and roster for multiple groups based on skill, drive, and performance. Each group would have the ‘person in charge’ and should be able to maintain order within their groups and if needed the coordinator could assist or make a final call in a conflict. Ultimately blatant offenses take care of themselves and make it easy to deal with, it’s the grey area that an effective M+ coordinator should specialize.

What, in your mind, are removable offenses from a team, and how do you intend to offer warnings before doing so:

Just to be clear, these are indeed in my mind!

Removable: Direct offense aimed at another player such as derogatory name calling, or calling out of ones abilities in a demeaning way. Multiple no shows (3 within 3 months). Intentional wiping of the group (3 warnings). Ninja Logoffs – multiple (3 warnings). Being blatantly obnoxious, i.e. super loud mic blaring music, yelling in your microphone after 3 warnings, being super disruptive to the group and cutting into the group’s time (exceeding 20 minutes/run).

Why you think you'd be the best choice: Ultimately that’s up to the guild leader and those that read this post. I may not be the best choice, I’d love to see more apply and would gladly rock playing in the groups if someone else is leading. I’m super pumped for this position, even more so, for the role it’ll play in the guild for the long run. If people are being geared, having fun without the pressure of raiding, and able to be viable future raid members or solid backups when needed – we’ll have a heck of a lot going on for the guild in the future!

Last edited by Moracka on Tue Aug 21, 2018 2:40 am; edited 1 time in total

re: Mythic+ Coordinator: Application/Expectations

I think each team should all have color coordinated mogs!!!! There could be a red team, a blue team, etc!

I'm kidding (kind of). Moracka's app looks good to me, and no, I'm not biased. I hate running behind him in dungeons (I'm a slow runner, okay???), but he's a decent coordinator for stuff like this.

Jump to: