PayPal Donation
WoWProgress Rank

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Midnight Carnival Forum Index -> Raid Rules & Application
View previous topic :: View next topic   Goto page 1, 2  Next
Ninja Stormcloud

re: Wereninja Application

Statements of Responsibility to the Team

Please answer "Yes" or "No" 

Your Raid Leader Is Amastrasza. Your co-lead is Aryin. Your Raid Nights are Tue/Thu 6-9p Server. You must attend both full Nights. You are expected to directly contact a raid lead as soon as you know you will be absent, if you must be, and maintain an 80%+ attendance rate. Do you Understand and agree to the above:  

Yes

You are expected to show up for invites 15 minutes early (5:45p server) for invites, Fully prepared (Flasks/Potions/Roll Coins/Add-ons/Repaired) so we can start exactly at 6. If you miss first pull with an unexcused tardy, you will be benched for the evening. Do you Understand and agree to the Above:

Yes

You will be expected to know all the boss fights, intimately. You may be called on at any time to lead a fight, demonstrating that knowledge. (Especially when new raids are released) You should know basic positioning and all major roll mechanics. Are you prepared to do this:

Yes

Have you read all raiding information and rules in their entirety, as well as Raid Attendance: 80% and Raid Night: Expectations?:

Yes

All bathroom, drink, smoke, etc. breaks must be done before or after raid. Do you understand that you MAY NOT AFK between fights/during trash/at any time other than during specifically designated break times without seeking and being granted permission AHEAD of time by the raid leader FIRST?

Yes

About Your role on this team:

Which Raid Job would you like to contribute to the team:

Herb/Meat/Fish gathering

Where did you study the boss fights online:

Fatboss for video guides, Wowhead for written guides, and Icy Veins for class/spec specific guides

Do you understand that if you do NOT demonstrate having learned those fights online - ie, you say you did but screw up an obvious mechanic - you can and will be sat: 

I understand I will perform the mechanics of the fight to the best of my abilities. 

If your DPS/HPS is below the threshold are you willing to take advice/assistance from raid leads or assigned team members:

I am more than willing to take any advice or assistance I am offered. 

Do you understand that if you do not improve or refuse to put in the effort you can and will be sat:

If I am having trouble with a fight, a mechanic, or my spec, I will practice any advice given and either pug or LFR to help myself improve.

Do you understand that unless explicitly specified, it is NOT your job to tell other team members how to play, nor to in any way comment on their toon or performance:

I understand It is neither my job nor my place to tell others how to play or comment on their toon or performance.

If you cannot play your preferred role as Main, are you willing to gear and maintain both Specs as a back up (ie. DPS with a Heal off spec):

I originally wanted to raid as a Restro Druid, but seeing how we already have two of them, I assumed the only way for me to join the raid team was to play as DPS. Even if I can't heal, I will be the best Balance Druid I can be and hopefully grab a healer spot on the team later in the expansion.  

Do you understand that if you ONLY play one role and that role is full, that back up as a DPS is the only way TO join the team:

I do understand. That is why I am applying as a balance. :P

Does that secondary spec meet the minimum requirements (cannot raid until it does): 

Yep, It meets all the minimum requirements.

Have you raided current content before? If so, which raids and how far did you progress?:

I have progressed (pugged) through Dragon Soul, Throne of Thunder and Siege of Orgrimmar, and Highmaul (took a break from wow for most of WOD and Legion). I only received ahead of the curve on SoO.

About You - Basic Information:

Toon Name:

Wereninja

Nickname you prefer to be called:

Ninja

Class and Spec:

Balance Druid (Restro Druid Off-Spec)

Role you are Applying for:

Range DPS with Heals Off-Spec

Starting Ilvl (Must meet or exceed 335 as of 8/28/18):

353 (352)

Do you Have DBM and Discord installed? (This is required):

Yes, I do.

What Secondary Stats will you be rolling for (Top two):

Haste/Crit (this works for both specs)

Additional Comments (things we should know about you):

I have always wanted to raid with the guild but I couldn't because of the raiding time and work conflict. So now that I am finally able to raid with the guild I am more than excited. Even though I am familiar with Balance spec, I have never raided current content with it. So any and all tips/tricks are appreciated.

For Raid Lead Use:

Applicant Spoken to on: 9/16/18 via in game whisper
Role Given: Ranged DPS and Back Up Healer
Job Given: Herb/Alchemy/Fishing
Action required?: Excited to be on the team :)

Foly

re: Battle for Azeroth - Raid Rules & Application

Please Read thoroughly and answer all Questions Below:

Your Raid Leader Is Amastrasza. Your co-lead is Aryin. Your Raid Nights are Tue/Thu 6-9p Server. You must attend both full Nights. You are expected to directly contact a raid lead as soon as you know you will be absent, if you must be, and maintain an 80%+ attendance rate. Do you Understand and agree to the above:  Yes

You are expected to show up for invites 15 minutes early (5:45p server) for invites, Fully prepared (Flasks/Potions/Roll Coins/Addons/Repaired) so we can start exactly at 6. If you miss first pull with an unexcused tardy, you will be benched for the evening. Do you Understand and agree to the Above: Yes

You will be expected to know all boss fights, intimately. You may be called on at any time to lead a fight, demonstrating that knowledge. (Especially when new raids are released) You should know basic positioning, and all major roll mechanics. Are you prepared to do this: Yes

Have you read all raiding information and rules in their entirety, as well as Raid Attendance: 80% and Raid Night: Expectations?: Yes

All bathroom, drink, smoke, etc. breaks must be done before or after raid. Do you understand that you MAY NOT AFK between fights/during trash/at any time other than during specifically designated break times without seeking and being granted permission AHEAD of time by the raid leader FIRST? yes

Which Raid Job would you like to contribute to the team: herbalism/alchemy

Where did you study the boss fights online: Fatboss/ Wowhead

Do you understand that if you do NOT demonstrate having learned those fights online - ie, you say you did but screw up an obvious mechanic - you can and will be sat: Yes

If your DPS/HPS is below threshold are you willing to take advice/assistance from raid leads or assigned team members: Yes

Do you understand that if you do not improve or refuse to put in the effort you can and will be sat: Yes

Do you understand that unless explicitly specified, it is NOT your job to tell other team members how to play, nor to in any way comment on their toon or performance: Yes

If you cannot play your preferred role as Main, are you willing to gear and maintain both Specs as back up (ie. DPS with a Heal off spec): Yes

Do you understand that if you ONLY play one role and that role is full, that back up as a DPS is the only way TO join the team: Yes

Does that secondary spec meet the minimum requirements (cannot raid until it does): Yes, Healer Spec

Have you raided current content before? If so, which raids and how far did you progress?:

Not current content, Warlords Heroic all raids/bosses. Legion, Emerald Nightmare and the nighthold, heroic. some of tomb of sergeras and some of antorus.

Toon Name: Diaa

Class and Spec: Monk, Windwalker

Role you are Applying for: Dps

Starting Ilvl (Must meet or exceed 335 as of 8/28/18): 335

Do you Have DBM and Discord installed? (This is required): Yes

What Secondary Stats will you be rolling for (Top two): Vers/master

For Raid Lead Use:

Applicant Spoken to on: 9/13/18
Role Given: MDPS with Back Up Heal 
Job Given: Herbalism/Alchemy
Action required?: Exception accepted for Active military duty. Applicant understand that he is responsible for catch up on his own after extended leave due to training. 

Iovac

re: Iovac application

Your Raid Leader Is Amastrasza. Your co-lead is Aryin. Your Raid Nights are Tue/Thu 6-9p Server. You must attend both full Nights. You are expected to directly contact a raid lead as soon as you know you will be absent, if you must be, and maintain an 80%+ attendance rate. Do you Understand and agree to the above:  

Yes

You are expected to show up for invites 15 minutes early (5:45p server) for invites, Fully prepared (Flasks/Potions/Roll Coins/Addons/Repaired) so we can start exactly at 6. If you miss first pull with an unexcused tardy, you will be benched for the evening. Do you Understand and agree to the Above:

Yes

You will be expected to know all boss fights, intimately. You may be called on at any time to lead a fight, demonstrating that knowledge. (Especially when new raids are released) You should know basic positioning, and all major roll mechanics. Are you prepared to do this:

Yes

Have you read all raiding information and rules in their entirety, as well as Raid Attendance: 80% and Raid Night: Expectations?:

Yes

All bathroom, drink, smoke, etc. breaks must be done before or after raid. Do you understand that you MAY NOT AFK between fights/during trash/at any time other than during specifically designated break times without seeking and being granted permission AHEAD of time by the raid leader FIRST?

Yes (I do have a small caveat re: bio breaks that I am prepared to discuss)

I am happy to cut gems and cook on demand, as well as contribute raw gems, fish, and food.

Currently working through the wowhead guide

Do you understand that if you do NOT demonstrate having learned those fights online - ie, you say you did but screw up an obvious mechanic - you can and will be sat:

Yes

If your DPS/HPS is below threshold are you willing to take advice/assistance from raid leads or assigned team members:

Yes

Do you understand that if you do not improve or refuse to put in the effort you can and will be sat:

Yes

Do you understand that unless explicitly specified, it is NOT your job to tell other team members how to play, nor to in any way comment on their toon or performance:

Yes

If you cannot play your preferred role as Main, are you willing to gear and maintain both Specs as back up (ie. DPS with a Heal off spec):

✘ No (n/a)

Do you understand that if you ONLY play one role and that role is full, that back up as a DPS is the only way TO join the team:

Yes

Does that secondary spec meet the minimum requirements (cannot raid until it does): ✘ No (n/a)

Have you raided current content before? If so, which raids and how far did you progress?: Not for a long time, since Karazhan. We were one of those guilds too small to really progress past it for ages, and then the guild split up.

Toon Name: Iovac

Nickname you prefer to be called: Iovac is fine (pronounced Yo-vac, I guess)

Class and Spec: BM HUNTER FOR LIFE

Role you are Applying for: sweet combined ranged and melee deeps as only a hunter can provide

Starting Ilvl (Must meet or exceed 335 as of 8/28/18): 343

Do you Have DBM and Discord installed? (This is required):

Yes

What Secondary Stats will you be rolling for (Top two): I have a feeling this won't be the same, stat priority has been a bit volatile with this spec.

Additional Comments (things we should know about you):

I have a ton of alts and I frequently forget to log out when I wander afk.

Applicant Spoken to on: 9/12 via Discord
Role Given: RDPS
Job Given: Food and Fish Collection
Action required? Assured that the only reason we have an application and are not in fact completely filthy casual is so that people will show up every week

Xanndra

Your Raid Leader Is Amastrasza. Your co-lead is Aryin. Your Raid Nights are Tue/Thu 6-9p Server. You must attend both full Nights. You are expected to directly contact a raid lead as soon as you know you will be absent, if you must be, and maintain an 80%+ attendance rate. Do you Understand and agree to the above:  Yes

You are expected to show up for invites 15 minutes early (5:45p server) for invites, Fully prepared (Flasks/Potions/Roll Coins/Addons/Repaired) so we can start exactly at 6. If you miss first pull with an unexcused tardy, you will be benched for the evening. Do you Understand and agree to the Above: YES

You will be expected to know all boss fights, intimately. You may be called on at any time to lead a fight, demonstrating that knowledge. (Especially when new raids are released) You should know basic positioning, and all major roll mechanics. Are you prepared to do this: YES

Have you read all raiding information and rules in their entirety, as well as Raid Attendance: 80% and Raid Night: Expectations?: YES

All bathroom, drink, smoke, etc. breaks must be done before or after raid. Do you understand that you MAY NOT AFK between fights/during trash/at any time other than during specifically designated break times without seeking and being granted permission AHEAD of time by the raid leader FIRST? YES

Which Raid Job would you like to contribute to the team: I'm a miner and jewelcrafter (still working on jewelcrafting) so I could help with ore or gems

Where did you study the boss fights online: FatBoss

Do you understand that if you do NOT demonstrate having learned those fights online - ie, you say you did but screw up an obvious mechanic - you can and will be sat:  YES

If your DPS/HPS is below threshold are you willing to take advice/assistance from raid leads or assigned team members: Yes

Do you understand that if you do not improve or refuse to put in the effort you can and will be sat: Yes

Do you understand that unless explicitly specified, it is NOT your job to tell other team members how to play, nor to in any way comment on their toon or performance: Yes

If you cannot play your preferred role as Main, are you willing to gear and maintain both Specs as back up (ie. DPS with a Heal off spec): Yes

Do you understand that if you ONLY play one role and that role is full, that back up as a DPS is the only way TO join the team: Yes

Does that secondary spec meet the minimum requirements (cannot raid until it does): I don't really have a second spec I use right now on this Hunter

Have you raided current content before? If so, which raids and how far did you progress?: No. Not current content. It's been a while since I raided but I used to raid pretty hardcore back in the day.

Toon Name: Xann

Nickname you prefer to be called: Xann

Class and Spec: Hunter Beast Mastery

Role you are Applying for: RDPS

Starting Ilvl (Must meet or exceed 335 as of 8/28/18): 342

What Secondary Stats will you be rolling for (Top two): Critical Strike and Haste

Additional Comments (things we should know about you): I'm sort of quiet :)

Applicant Spoken to on: 9/10 via Discord

Job Given: Food and Fish Collection, Jewelcrafting
Action required? Apologized in advance for being married to Nyjell,and assured we don't judge her thusly

kaxfenix

our Raid Leader Is Amastrasza. Your co-lead is Aryin. Your Raid Nights are Tue/Thu 6-9p Server. You must attend both full Nights. You are expected to directly contact a raid lead as soon as you know you will be absent, if you must be, and maintain an 80%+ attendance rate. Do you Understand and agree to the above:  Yes I agree

You are expected to show up for invites 15 minutes early (5:45p server) for invites, Fully prepared (Flasks/Potions/Roll Coins/Addons/Repaired) so we can start exactly at 6. If you miss first pull with an unexcused tardy, you will be benched for the evening. Do you Understand and agree to the Above: 

Yes I agree to the above. 

You will be expected to know all boss fights, intimately. You may be called on at any time to lead a fight, demonstrating that knowledge. (Especially when new raids are released) You should know basic positioning, and all major roll mechanics. Are you prepared to do this:

Yes I am prepared to do this

Have you read all raiding information and rules in their entirety, as well as Raid Attendance: 80% and Raid Night: Expectations?:

Yes I have read attendance and raid night expectations 

All bathroom, drink, smoke, etc. breaks must be done before or after raid. Do you understand that you MAY NOT AFK between fights/during trash/at any time other than during specifically designated break times without seeking and being granted permission AHEAD of time by the raid leader FIRST? 

Yes I will not randomly take any type of breaks unless during designated break time or with RL permission first. 

Monitor DPS/ Gather food matts

Where did you study the boss fights online:  Youtube fat boss and wow head 

Yes

If your DPS/HPS is below threshold are you willing to take advice/assistance from raid leads or assigned team members:

Yes

Yes

Yes

If you cannot play your preferred role as Main, are you willing to gear and maintain both Specs as back up (ie. DPS with a Heal off spec):

Yes 

Yes

Does that secondary spec meet the minimum requirements (cannot raid until it does): 

Yes

Nope I have not raided current content

Toon Name: Nyjell

Nickname you prefer to be called: Nyjell

Class and Spec: Havoc Demon Hunter

Role you are Applying for: M DPS

Starting Ilvl (Must meet or exceed 335 as of 8/28/18): 338

What Secondary Stats will you be rolling for (Top two): haste, Crit/vers. 

For Raid Lead Use:

Applicant Spoken to on: 9/7 via Application Note
Role Given: None
Job Given: None
Action required?: Application rejected. Nyjell, you didn't read your raid application before filling it out and didn't pay any attention to the questions you were answering which also means you didn't acknowledge or address any of the rules it referenced, so I have to reject it.

The Raid app demonstrates that you take being part of the team seriously, are willing to put in the work to find the answers you need, and know how to look for/ask for help when you don't know the answers.

When you actually put in the work and take it seriously, correct it properly, and read the appropriate information, let me know, and i will perhaps change my mind

Applicant Spoken to on: 9/10 via Discord
Role Given: MDPS
Job Given: Food and Fish Collection
Action required? Lectured on the perils of not paying attention and informed of changes since the last time raiding with the team. Promises to do better :-p 
Aphromisia

Your Raid Leader Is Amastrasza. Your co-lead is Aryin. Your Raid Nights are Tue/Thu 6-9p Server. You must attend both full Nights. You are expected to directly contact a raid lead as soon as you know you will be absent, if you must be, and maintain an 80%+ attendance rate. Do you Understand and agree to the above:  

Yes

You are expected to show up for invites 15 minutes early (5:45p server) for invites, Fully prepared (Flasks/Potions/Roll Coins/Addons/Repaired) so we can start exactly at 6. If you miss first pull with an unexcused tardy, you will be benched for the evening. Do you Understand and agree to the Above:

Yes

Yes

Yes

Yes

If the house is burning down I will alert someone before running for my life, and I will take the computer with me so I can heal while waiting for emergency services.

I'm willing to do anything I am suited for but gathering herbs/fishing will be something I will do anyway. I also used to be a raid leader/guild leader so I am happy to help with monitoring of hps and helping struggling members if needed as well.

Fatboss/IcyVeins

Yes

If your DPS/HPS is below the threshold are you willing to take advice/assistance from raid leads or assigned team members:

Yes

Yes

Yes

Yes, but I am not as proficient with boom. 

Yes

Yes

I have ahead of the curve achievement for every Legion raid, but before that, I haven't seriously raided since Wrath. Was high-end raider throughout vanilla, burn ing and wrath as heals, ranged DPS and tank.

Toon Name:

Aphromisia

Mia

Class and Spec:

Resto Druid

Healer

335, not for lack of trying to get it higher nothing will drop for me :-( I will keep running mythics today and tomorrow to eek it higher.

Yes as well as GTFO which I highly recommend 

Haste, Crit and Vers are all equal for resto this expansion, but my playstyle prefers Haste and Crit.

I hit all the nerd buttons, I also am in 3 DnD campaigns, play Warhammer 40k and have a bit of a MtG problem... oh and I cosplay.

Applicant Spoken to on: 9/3 Via Party Chat - I like colors!
Role Given: Heals
Job Given: Gathering - Herbs
Action required? Lend me your ears and I'll sing you a song... I will try not to sing out of key

dunderwood

Your Raid Leader Is Amastrasza. Your co-lead is Aryin. Your Raid Nights are Tue/Thu 6-9p Server. You must attend both full Nights. You are expected to directly contact a raid lead as soon as you know you will be absent, if you must be, and maintain an 80%+ attendance rate. Do you Understand and agree to the above:  Yes.

You are expected to show up for invites 15 minutes early (5:45p server) for invites, Fully prepared (Flasks/Potions/Roll Coins/Addons/Repaired) so we can start exactly at 6. If you miss first pull with an unexcused tardy, you will be benched for the evening. Do you Understand and agree to the Above: Yes.

You will be expected to know all boss fights, intimately. You may be called on at any time to lead a fight, demonstrating that knowledge. (Especially when new raids are released) You should know basic positioning, and all major roll mechanics. Are you prepared to do this: Yes.

Have you read all raiding information and rules in their entirety, as well as Raid Attendance: 80% and Raid Night: Expectations?Yes.

All bathroom, drink, smoke, etc. breaks must be done before or after raid. Do you understand that you MAY NOT AFK between fights/during trash/at any time other than during specifically designated break times without seeking and being granted permission AHEAD of time by the raid leader FIRST? Yes.

Which Raid Job would you like to contribute to the team:  Healer.

Where did you study the boss fights online: Wowhead/Icyveins/fatboss, the usual.

Do you understand that if you do NOT demonstrate having learned those fights online - ie, you say you did but screw up an obvious mechanic - you can and will be sat: Yes.

If your DPS/HPS is below threshold are you willing to take advice/assistance from raid leads or assigned team members: Yes.

Do you understand that if you do not improve or refuse to put in the effort you can and will be sat: Yes.

Do you understand that unless explicitly specified, it is NOT your job to tell other team members how to play, nor to in any way comment on their toon or performance: Yes.

If you cannot play your preferred role as Main, are you willing to gear and maintain both Specs as back up (ie. DPS with a Heal off spec): Yes.

Do you understand that if you ONLY play one role and that role is full, that back up as a DPS is the only way TO join the team: Yes.

Does that secondary spec meet the minimum requirements (cannot raid until it does): Yes.

Have you raided current content before? If so, which raids and how far did you progress?: Raided most of Legion with Midnight Carnival, I took an extended break from the game before we could progress past Heroic Aggramar.

Toon Name: Qitarah

Nickname you prefer to be called: Qita, Qit, etc

Class and Spec: Resto Druid (Can play all specs)

Role you are Applying for: Healer

Do you Have DBM and Discord installed? (This is required): Yes.

What Secondary Stats will you be rolling for (Top two): Haste=Crit=Vers>Mastery for Resto Druid Raid healing, but I will focus on Mastery/Haste for the time being since those are the priority for Dungeons (M+ runs). 

I am currently leveling my Shaman and hope to swap her out for my druid (still healing) once I get her appropriately geared.

Applicant Spoken to on: 9/3 Via Discord
Role Given: Heals
Job Given: Gathering - Herbs
Action required?: Rock the Casbah

Tellius
Soridar Ravencroft

Your Raid Leader Is Amastrasza. Your co-lead is Aryin. Your Raid Nights are Tue/Thu 6-9p Server. You must attend both full Nights. You are expected to directly contact a raid lead as soon as you know you will be absent, if you must be, and maintain an 80%+ attendance rate. Do you Understand and agree to the above:  Yes

You are expected to show up for invites 15 minutes early (5:45p server) for invites, Fully prepared (Flasks/Potions/Roll Coins/Addons/Repaired) so we can start exactly at 6. If you miss first pull with an unexcused tardy, you will be benched for the evening. Do you Understand and agree to the Above: Yes

You will be expected to know all boss fights, intimately. You may be called on at any time to lead a fight, demonstrating that knowledge. (Especially when new raids are released) You should know basic positioning, and all major roll mechanics. Are you prepared to do this: Yes

Have you read all raiding information and rules in their entirety, as well as Raid Attendance: 80% and Raid Night: Expectations?: Yes

All bathroom, drink, smoke, etc. breaks must be done before or after raid. Do you understand that you MAY NOT AFK between fights/during trash/at any time other than during specifically designated break times without seeking and being granted permission AHEAD of time by the raid leader FIRST? Yes

Which Raid Job would you like to contribute to the team: DK Blood Tank

Where did you study the boss fights online: FatbossTV for vids, Wowhead Raid guide for written info

Do you understand that if you do NOT demonstrate having learned those fights online - ie, you say you did but screw up an obvious mechanic - you can and will be sat: Yes

Do you understand that unless explicitly specified, it is NOT your job to tell other team members how to play, nor to in any way comment on their toon or performance: Yes, as I am way too busy figuring my own stuff out.

If you cannot play your preferred role as Main, are you willing to gear and maintain both Specs as back up (ie. DPS with a Heal off spec): I will be trying to figure out Unholy, as it meshes best with blood (2 handed, with Haste/Vers, being the top 2 secondary stats).

Does that secondary spec meet the minimum requirements (cannot raid until it does): Technically it does, though I will be setting aside a more optimal gear set as we go.

Have you raided current content before? If so, which raids and how far did you progress?: Nope, as it isn't out yet and I didn't get in Beta.

Toon Name: Tellius

Nickname you prefer to be called: Tell, Beef Cakes, Slow Poke, Dead for Brains, Super Sexy Big Blue Guy...You get the idea (i don't care too much)

Class and Spec: Death Knight - Blood (the only true spec)

Role you are Applying for: Tank

Starting Ilvl (Must meet or exceed 335 as of 8/28/18): 336

Do you Have DBM and Discord installed? (This is required): yep

What Secondary Stats will you be rolling for (Top two):Haste > Vers

Additional Comments (things we should know about you): Nothing you don't already know

Applicant Spoken to on: 9/2 Via Game Social Interface
Role Given: Off tank
Job Given: Meats' Harvester and Engineering Repairs
Action required?: improvement goal is to focus on total room aggro, not tunneling CDs to prevents player death. Congrats you are a meat Popsicle.

re: Raid App

Your Raid Leader Is Amastrasza. Your co-lead is Aryin. Your Raid Nights are Tue/Thu 6-9p Server. You must attend both full Nights. You are expected to directly contact a raid lead as soon as you know you will be absent, if you must be, and maintain an 80%+ attendance rate. Do you Understand and agree to the above:  YES

You are expected to show up for invites 15 minutes early (5:45p server) for invites, Fully prepared (Flasks/Potions/Roll Coins/Addons/Repaired) so we can start exactly at 6. If you miss first pull with an unexcused tardy, you will be benched for the evening. Do you Understand and agree to the Above: YES

You will be expected to know all boss fights, intimately. You may be called on at any time to lead a fight, demonstrating that knowledge. (Especially when new raids are released) You should know basic positioning, and all major roll mechanics. Are you prepared to do this: YES

Have you read all raiding information and rules in their entirety, as well as Raid Attendance: 80% and Raid Night: Expectations?: YES

All bathroom, drink, smoke, etc. breaks must be done before or after raid. Do you understand that you MAY NOT AFK between fights/during trash/at any time other than during specifically designated break times without seeking and being granted permission AHEAD of time by the raid leader FIRST? YES

Which Raid Job would you like to contribute to the team: I don't mind helping people with their class, running sims.  I am also working on fishing and cooking i can throw in some meat

Where did you study the boss fights online: I use the fat boss guides on you tube

Do you understand that if you do NOT demonstrate having learned those fights online - ie, you say you did but screw up an obvious mechanic - you can and will be sat: YES

If your DPS/HPS is below threshold are you willing to take advice/assistance from raid leads or assigned team members: YES

Do you understand that if you do not improve or refuse to put in the effort you can and will be sat: YES

Do you understand that unless explicitly specified, it is NOT your job to tell other team members how to play, nor to in any way comment on their toon or performance: YES

If you cannot play your preferred role as Main, are you willing to gear and maintain both Specs as back up (ie. DPS with a Heal off spec): Rogues only have DPS speccs, at some point I will level an alt time permitting.

Do you understand that if you ONLY play one role and that role is full, that back up as a DPS is the only way TO join the team: Yes

Does that secondary spec meet the minimum requirements (cannot raid until it does):  YES

Have you raided current content before? If so, which raids and how far did you progress?: NO

Toon Name:BaltySalls

Nickname you prefer to be called: call me Ryan, Az, Balt

Class and Spec: Rogue, outlaw for now could changed based on need

Role you are Applying for: DPS

I did it today 9/1/2018

Do you Have DBM and Discord installed? (This is required):Yes

What Secondary Stats will you be rolling for (Top two):as of last sim Haste, Crit, vers is close second

For Raid Lead Use:

Applicant Spoken to on: 9/3 via Facebook Messenger
Role Given: MDPS
Job Given: Fishing, Mining
Action required?: Don't die of wife aggro. 

Stormie430

Your Raid Leader Is Amastrasza. Your co-lead is Aryin. Your Raid Nights are Tue/Thu 6-9p Server. You must attend both full Nights. You are expected to directly contact a raid lead as soon as you know you will be absent, if you must be, and maintain an 80%+ attendance rate. Do you Understand and agree to the above:  Yes

You are expected to show up for invites 15 minutes early (5:45p server) for invites, Fully prepared (Flasks/Potions/Roll Coins/Addons/Repaired) so we can start exactly at 6. If you miss first pull with an unexcused tardy, you will be benched for the evening. Do you Understand and agree to the Above: Yes

You will be expected to know all boss fights, intimately. You may be called on at any time to lead a fight, demonstrating that knowledge. (Especially when new raids are released) You should know basic positioning, and all major roll mechanics. Are you prepared to do this: Yes, although admittedly I learn from experience and have never been able to glean much from a video or a fight discription. But I think I'm a quick learner. Not sure if this was ever a past issue, but there's not much I can do about it, as that's just how I've always learned everything. I have to do stuff to know it.

Have you read all raiding information and rules in their entirety, as well as Raid Attendance: 80% and Raid Night: Expectations?: Yes

All bathroom, drink, smoke, etc. breaks must be done before or after raid. Do you understand that you MAY NOT AFK between fights/during trash/at any time other than during specifically designated break times without seeking and being granted permission AHEAD of time by the raid leader FIRST? Yes

Which Raid Job would you like to contribute to the team: Jewelcrafter

Where did you study the boss fights online: Icy-Veins typically, but as stated above, only for a general overview

Do you understand that if you do NOT demonstrate having learned those fights online - ie, you say you did but screw up an obvious mechanic - you can and will be sat: Sure, if you want to sit me for having a learning disabilty than that's fine. I'll do my best to do my homework for the team though.

Do you understand that unless explicitly specified, it is NOT your job to tell other team members how to play, nor to in any way comment on their toon or performance: This is a rule that I'll never forget... I loved my spot on the team, and if accepted I promise to never make this an issue.

If you cannot play your preferred role as Main, are you willing to gear and maintain both Specs as back up (ie. DPS with a Heal off spec): Yes, big reason why I am rolling my Pally is the spec versatility. 

Do you understand that if you ONLY play and that role is full, that back up as a DPS is the only way TO join the team: Yes

Does that secondary spec meet the minimum requirements (cannot raid until it does): Tank gear is ilvl 335/ Holy is like 332

Have you raided current content before? If so, which raids and how far did you progress?: Well got Ahead of the Curve on the last 2 raids with Midnight Carnival, and have raid experience going back to Cataclysm

Toon Name: Ostara

Nickname you prefer to be called: Storm

Class and Spec: Retribution Paladin

Role you are Applying for: DPS

Starting Ilvl (Must meet or exceed 335 as of 8/28/18): 338

What Secondary Stats will you be rolling for (Top two): Haste/Crit/Vers I know there's 3 but stat priority is Crit=Vers

Additional Comments (things we should know about you): I'm looking forward to raiding this new expansion from the beginning with you guys. I know there have been hiccups with me in the past, but I think I've learned my lesson and just want maintain an attitude of helpfullness and want to play my best so we all progress as a team!

Applicant Spoken to on: 8/30 via Discord

Job Given: Jewelcrafting/Gem Generation
Action required?: Applicant given tips and tricks on facilitating strategy learning despite learning disability from experience of raid leaders. Made aware that all team members must learn major fight mechanics prior to fights. Warned about previous behavior and accepted for Melee dps contingent or behaviors never repeating. 

Jaspirita

Your Raid Leader Is Amastrasza. Your co-lead is Aryin. Your Raid Nights are Tue/Thu 6-9p Server. You must attend both full Nights. You are expected to directly contact a raid lead as soon as you know you will be absent, if you must be, and maintain an 80%+ attendance rate. Do you Understand and agree to the above:  Yes

You are expected to show up for invites 15 minutes early (5:45p server) for invites, Fully prepared (Flasks/Potions/Roll Coins/Addons/Repaired) so we can start exactly at 6. If you miss first pull with an unexcused tardy, you will be benched for the evening. Do you Understand and agree to the Above: Yes

You will be expected to know all boss fights, intimately. You may be called on at any time to lead a fight, demonstrating that knowledge. (Especially when new raids are released) You should know basic positioning, and all major roll mechanics. Are you prepared to do this: Yes

Have you read all raiding information and rules in their entirety, as well as Raid Attendance: 80% and Raid Night: Expectations?: Yes

All bathroom, drink, smoke, etc. breaks must be done before or after raid. Do you understand that you MAY NOT AFK between fights/during trash/at any time other than during specifically designated break times without seeking and being granted permission AHEAD of time by the raid leader FIRST? Yes

Which Raid Job would you like to contribute to the team: "Fish Bitch". I'll help with gathering mats for/making feasts.

Where did you study the boss fights online: Wowhead and Fatboss, as well as YouTube.

Do you understand that if you do NOT demonstrate having learned those fights online - ie, you say you did but screw up an obvious mechanic - you can and will be sat: Yes

Do you understand that if you do not improve or refuse to put in the effort you can and will be sat: Yes

Do you understand that unless explicitly specified, it is NOT your job to tell other team members how to play, nor to in any way comment on their toon or performance: Yes, I hate unsolicited advice so I try not to give any advice unless asked.

If you cannot play your preferred role as Main, are you willing to gear and maintain both Specs as back up (ie. DPS with a Heal off spec): I only play one Spec, so I know that if my role isn't needed then I'll be benched, which is fine and I understand.

Do you understand that if you ONLY play and that role is full, that back up as a DPS is the only way TO join the team: n/a

Does that secondary spec meet the minimum requirements (cannot raid until it does): n/a

Have you raided current content before? If so, which raids and how far did you progress?: Legion: I did a bit of Emerald Nightmare with the guild, but first raid from start of was Trial of Valor. I got as far as the guild did, heroic.

Toon Name: Jaspirita

Nickname you prefer to be called: Jas

Class and Spec: Arms Warrior

Role you are Applying for: MDPS, right up the boss' butthole (aka the best spot)

Starting ilvl (Must meet or exceed 335 as of 8/28/18)335, but hoping to get a bit higher with the mythics this week!

Do you Have DBM and Discord installed? (This is required): Yes, honestly don't know how people raid without DBM.

What Secondary Stats will you be rolling for (Top two): Haste and Crit this time around!

Additional Comments (things we should know about you)I may not be the top dps, but I try my best and want what is best for the team. I'm HUGE into being a team player and figuring out strategies that are best for the team. Also, I may read and watch videos on how to do the fights, but I learn best by doing, so I promise that even if I mess up at first that I am making massive efforts to learn from my mistakes.

Applicant Spoken to on: 8/30 via Discord

Job Given: Fishing/Feast Generation
Action required?: Accepted application as Melee DPS, will fish and maintain 60 feast level in guild bank.

Albricxyz

Have you read all raiding information and rules in their entirety, as well as Raid Attendance: 80% and Raid Night: Expectations?:Yes

All bathroom, drink, smoke, etc. breaks must be done before or after raid. Do you understand that you MAY NOT AFK between fights/during trash/at any time other than during specifically designated break times without seeking and being granted permission AHEAD of time by the raid leader FIRST? Yes

Which Raid Job would you like to contribute to the team: I could farm for meat and fish for feasts, 

Where did you study the boss fights online: Wowhead and fatboss videos

Do you understand that if you do NOT demonstrate having learned those fights online - ie, you say you did but screw up an obvious mechanic - you can and will be sat: yes

If your DPS/HPS is below threshold are you willing to take advice/assistance from raid leads or assigned team members: yes

Do you understand that if you do not improve or refuse to put in the effort you can and will be sat: yes

Do you understand that unless explicitly specified, it is NOT your job to tell other team members how to play, nor to in any way comment on their toon or performance: yes

If you cannot play your preferred role as Main, are you willing to gear and maintain both Specs as back up (ie. DPS with a Heal off spec): Warlock only has dps but I can gear up my shaman if we need another healer.

Do you understand that if you ONLY play and that role is full, that back up as a DPS is the only way TO join the team:Yes

Does that secondary spec meet the minimum requirements (cannot raid until it does): yes

Have you raided current content before? If so, which raids and how far did you progress?:all of warlords and legion.

Toon Name:Velmunt

Class and Spec: Warlock, Affliction

Role you are Applying for: Dps

Starting Ilvl (Must meet or exceed 335 as of 8/28/18): 339

Do you Have DBM and Discord installed? (This is required): yes

What Secondary Stats will you be rolling for (Top two): Mastery and haste, gotten from Lockonestopshop.com 

Additional Comments (things we should know about you)

Applicant Spoken to on: 8/29 In Game

Role Given: RDPS
Job Given: Main RDPS/Assist Enchanting
Action required?:  I'm accepting your app as RDPS and I'm assigning you the job of Lead RDPS. Your expected to keep and eye on numbers and compare/contrast to known levels and offer help to people who need it. including Ama. I don't envy you. And assist with enchanting. 

Last edited by Albricxyz on Tue Aug 28, 2018 11:37 am; edited 1 time in total
Aryin
Arityna
Officer

Your Raid Leader Is Amastrasza. Your co-lead is Aryin. Your Raid Nights are Tue/Thu 6-9p Server. You must attend both full Nights. You are expected to directly contact a raid lead as soon as you know you will be absent, if you must be, and maintain an 80%+ attendance rate. Do you Understand and agree to the above:   yes, kinda have to since im co-raid lead.

You are expected to show up for invites 15 minutes early (5:45p server) for invites, Fully prepared (Flasks/Potions/Roll Coins/Addons/Repaired) so we can start exactly at 6. If you miss first pull with an unexcused tardy, you will be benched for the evening. Do you Understand and agree to the Above: yes unless due to some unforeseen issue that I am late then I will let someone know.

You will be expected to know all boss fights, intimately. You may be called on at any time to lead a fight, demonstrating that knowledge. (Especially when new raids are released) You should know basic positioning, and all major roll mechanics. Are you prepared to do this: yes

Have you read all raiding information and rules in their entirety, as well as Raid Attendance: 80% and Raid Night: Expectations?: Yes

All bathroom, drink, smoke, etc. breaks must be done before or after raid. Do you understand that you MAY NOT AFK between fights/during trash/at any time other than during specifically designated break times without seeking and being granted permission AHEAD of time by the raid leader FIRST? yes, unless an emergency afk (due to health issues those are  rare but sometimes needed)

Which Raid Job would you like to contribute to the team: whatever Ama tells me, probably cooking until i can get one of my alts up for flasks or gems or enchants

Where did you study the boss fights online: Fatboss- video version, Icy-veins, wowhead- reading version

Do you understand that if you do NOT demonstrate having learned those fights online - ie, you say you did but screw up an obvious mechanic - you can and will be sat: yes

If your DPS/HPS is below threshold are you willing to take advice/assistance from raid leads or assigned team members: yes

Do you understand that if you do not improve or refuse to put in the effort you can and will be sat: yes

Do you understand that unless explicitly specified, it is NOT your job to tell other team members how to play, nor to in any way comment on their toon or performance: yes

If you cannot play your preferred role as Main, are you willing to gear and maintain both Specs as back up (ie. DPS with a Heal off spec):  what do you think disc is :-p but nope, dont play shadow unless forced :-p

Do you understand that if you ONLY play and that role is full, that back up as a DPS is the only way TO join the team: yes

Does that secondary spec meet the minimum requirements (cannot raid until it does): yes (but not shadow)

Have you raided current content before? If so, which raids and how far did you progress?: Legion, WoD, Pandaria, expansions before that one and few other older ones.

Toon Name: Aryin

Nickname you prefer to be called: Ari (Ary)

Class and Spec: Priest- Disc & Holy

Role you are Applying for: Heals

Starting Ilvl (Must meet or exceed 335 as of 8/28/18): Disc- 337, Holy- 336

Do you Have DBM and Discord installed? (This is required): yes

What Secondary Stats will you be rolling for (Top two): Disc- Haste, Mastery (or Crit wowhead and icy-veins each say diff so  not sure on secondary after Haste for disc yet)   Holy- Mastery, Crit

Additional Comments (things we should know about you): I'm an open book.

Applicant Spoken to on: I keep TRYING but one of us is always BUSY!! :-p
Role Given: My Right Hand, oh and heals I guess. If you're lucky.
Job Given: Listen to the Rabble whine so I don't have to. Direct, so I can shoot. 
Action required?: We have to have girl party and strategize this weekend. I LOVE YOU!!!

Last edited by Arityna on Tue Aug 28, 2018 6:36 pm; edited 1 time in total
Moracka

Yes

Yes

Yes

Yes

Yes

Mythic+ Team Leader/Coordinator to help people gear, will assist with Green/Blue BoEs for disenchant, and submit spare ore after BS is leveled up.

Fatboss are my peeps.

Yes

Yes

Yes

Yes

Yes

Do you understand that if you ONLY play and that role is full, that back up as a DPS is the only way TO join the team:

Yes

Yes

Yes, was with you guys for the end of Legion, started back in days of the Lich King. Every expansion I've gotten to a mythic boss or two at some point.

Toon Name:

Moracka

Moracka

Class and Spec:

Protection Paladin

Tank

Yes 

According to reading it'll say Haste/Mastery - However I tend to prefer Haste/Crit to improve my self/heals, dmg, suvivability, and helpfulness to the group. 

I don't half ass it.

Applicant Spoken to on: 8/29 via FB Messenger

Role Given: Tank
Job Given: Main Tank/Spare Mats deposits
Action required?:  I'm accepting your app as Tank and I'm assigning you the position of Main Tank. Your expected to know/coordinate tank switches/positioning and dump spare mats in the raid tab.

Last edited by Moracka on Tue Aug 28, 2018 3:22 pm; edited 2 times in total

re: Application: Amastrasza

Yes I do. 

Yes I do. Raid night STARTS at 6p S. That means FIRST PULL. Get your asses in gear, people. 

Yes I am. And if I have to stay up for hours learning them, bucko? So do you. 

I wrote them? So yes. 

Part of Raid Prep is using the bathroom, taking care of kids/animals so they're out of the way, and getting drinks to get you to break time. Time management is a life skill. I understand, and I will get mad at you for it. No more "Hang on, I'll be right back." No, you'll sit your ass in that chair until break. Capisce?

If skipping it is a raid job, I want that one. Other than that, in addition to co-Lead please deposit all grean/blues in the last tab or in-game them to me, I will DE them. Also please send/deposit plants for flasks/pots/cauldrons. 

MMO-Champion has now teamed up WITH Fatboss to provide both written and video explanations of all fights. There's also Icy-veins, and basically the entire internet. You have no excuse. 

Yeah, because if *I* don't learn them, and YOU don't learn them... we're all going to DIE, muchachas. 

I'll be tickled pink if someone actually has the balls to tell me so to my face instead of telling everyone EXCEPT me. And offer to help?! OMG, let's do that thing, that sounds AMAZING!!! 

If only... I wish I had it in me to let people down and be selfish and lazy... but I don't. 

It is explicitly stated. It's completely and utterly my job. Just not the rest of you, except Ary. 

It'll be a cold day in hell when we run out of need for a ranged DPS. But of course I would! 

Do you understand that if you ONLY play and that role is full, that back up as a DPS is the only way TO join the team:

My other specs are also RDPS. Mages suck like that. Sorry, bro. 

I have an arcane and frost spec that I guess I could play if I had to, but you'd have to give me a damn good reason to switch because they're boring and I hate them. 

Ick. Kill me. 

Toon Name: Amastrasza

Nickname you prefer to be called: Ama, Your Majesty

Class and Spec: Mage, Fire

Role you are Applying for: RDPS, Benevolent Dictator

Starting Ilvl (Must meet or exceed 335 as of 8/28/18): 335, because why try harder than necessary?

Do you Have DBM and Discord installed? (This is required): Yerp. Keep updating them, everytime they hotfix, they need updated. So every. Damn. Day. 

What Secondary Stats will you be rolling for (Top two): Haste until Break, And Mastery. Then Crit

If you fill out your application the way I filled out mine, I'll reject it. Boss perks. Be humble, be respectful. Fake it. 

Applicant Spoken to on: 8/28/18

Job Given: Enchanting, Assist with Alchemy - Raid Co-lead
Action required?: Get Ary something for her head, she has to put up with me

Page 1 of 2

Jump to: