PayPal Donation
WoWProgress Rank

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ryan.burger.756

re: Raid roles , burnout, and backups

I am taking this straight from my Facebook post without editing because I am in a hurry.  

one of the things I was thinking about was backup roles. For example I imagine sometimes tanks get tired of tanking and maybe want to take a raid night to dps , currently we don't have much option for someelse to tank. I am talking about training other players to tank non-progression bosses , ie we have the boss down pretty well lets have someone swap speccs and tank it with the other experienced tank. For me this expansion I had wanted to take up tanking more, which had led me to go back and forth between DK or DH . Edit The idea behind this is mostly for those healers and tanks to not get burnt out.

I am really happy with the job our tanks and healers do and would hate to loose them to burnout which often happens with these roles. I know this happens because of running the same content over and over week after week while trying to make progression on new bosses or after when we have a raid on farm and just are getting needed gear.  

Maybe players in these roles want to just dps for a boss, or if we have numbers sit out a couple fights.  

Aryin
Arityna
Officer

speaking from healing point of view i'm not "burned out" as much on healing just that would like to swap out healing with a different healing alt lol.. I know from experience that my dps sucks monkey, lol.  So I would rather not dps unless absolutely necessary but I could see swapping to a different healing alt but that is just me, I cannot speak for the other healers.

-Aryin

GMAmalthia
In-Game Guild Master

I find from a raid lead perspective I have to play a ranged DPS because I can't see the playing field in order to identify problems if I'm at close range or absorbed in my role. But man, I'd really LOVE to try something else. A different raid lead, or a second in command to take over some days so I can just shoot to learn to tank or heal would be awesome. 

But, no one seems to want the job, and if I tell people they're doing something wrong they take it personally anyway, which makes people want to help out even LESS. So, I guess I'm stuck. 

Jump to: